Friday 14 November 2008

Healthy and happy employees

Earlier this week I attended a private clinic to have a full healthcare screening, courtesy of my employer. Having not even been aware that we are entitled to this after three years' service, I went along not really expecting much.

However, I was very surprised - I had various tests including stress, posture, glucose, antioxidant levels, cholesteral etc etc and am pleased to say I am relatively healthy. But it got me thinking. The benefit to my employer of paying for us to have this health check is enormous - ever since the tests I have thought much more about my health, and the impact it has on my job. Looking after my health is obviously important, both to me and my employer.

I think more businesses should offer health screenings as a benefit - although with the current economic crisis it's probably not the best time to start spouting off...