Wednesday 26 March 2008

Doesn't it frustrate you?

Sorry I've not posted for over a week, folks - I've been busy having fun. Yep - Easter weekend provided me with lots of fun things to do, so I was too busy to post. But fear not - I'm back now, back in the world of health and safety. And what a world it is.

I received an interesting email from my boss this morning (while I was sniffling on my hanky in bed, I hasten to add) asking if I was interested in a story. The story in question was regarding the House of Lords' decision on work-related suicides.

Now I am well aware it's not a nice subject, but let's face it - health and safety is full of workplace deaths, falls from height, crushes by machinery - we are all immune to it now. Or are we?

It's your job to ensure such things do not happen, and I am sure you are very good at doing so. Obviously the likes of such websites as www.healthandsafetyprofessional.co.uk helps you do your job more efficiently (nice plug, thanks) but doesn't it frustrate you to constantly read about companies that don't adhere to policies, the very policies we are all striving to embrace and promote? Tell me!